Sunday, June 29, 2008

DOG POOP

I'm reminded of the time Catherine -- an
8-year old girl in our neighborhood -- told
me she wanted to be President one day.
Both of her parents, VERY liberal Democrats,
were standing there with us. I asked
Catherine, “If you were President what would
be the first thing you would do?”
Catherine replied, “I would give houses to
all the homeless people.”
“Wow, what a worthy goal you have there
Catherine,” I told her (while both parents
beamed),
“But you don't have to wait until you're
President to do that. You can come to my
house and clean up all the dog poop in the
back yard and I will pay you $5 dollars.
Then we can go over to the grocery store
where the homeless guy hangs out, and
you can give him the $5 dollars to use
towards a new house.”
Catherine thought that over for a second,
and then replied,
“Why doesn't the homeless guy come over

and clean up the dog poop himself, and
you can pay him the $5 dollars.”
“Catherine,” I said, “Welcome to the
Republican Party....”
##### :-)

No comments: