Thursday, August 14, 2008

JOB APPLICANTS

An office manager at Wal-Mart was given
the task of hiring an individual to fill a job
opening. After sorting through a stack of
resumes he found four people who were
equally qualified -- an American, a Russian,
an Australian, and a Mexican.He decided to
call the four in and ask them only one
question.Their answers would determine
who among them would get the job.
The day came and as the four sat around
the conference room table the interviewer
asked, 'What is the fastest thing you know?'
Steve, the American, replied, 'A THOUGHT.
It comes without any warning; it just pops
into your head. A thought is the fastest thing
that I know..'
'That's very good!' replied theinterviewer.
'And now you sir?' he asked Vladimir , the
Russian. 'Hmm.... let me see. A blink! It
comes and goes without you knowing that it
ever happens. A BLINK is the fastest thing
I know.'
'Excellent!' said the interviewer. 'The blink
of an eye, that's a very popular cliche for
speed.'
He then turned to George, the Australian
who was contemplating his reply. 'Well, out
at my dad's ranch, you step out of the house
and on the wall there's a light switch. When

you flip that switch, the light in the barn
comes on way out across the pasture.
Yep, TURNING ON A LIGHT is the fastest
thing I can think of.'
The interviewer was very impressed with the
third answer and thought he had found his
man. 'It's hard to beat the speed of light,'
he said.
Turning to Eleuterio, the Mexican, the fourth
and final man, the interviewer posed the
same question.
Eleuterio replied, 'Apter herring da 3 preybeus
ansers sir, et's obeus to me dat the fastest
thing is Diarrhea.'

'WHAT!?' said the interviewer, stunned by the
response. The others were giggling in their

seats...
'Oh, I can expleyn sir,' said Eleuterio. 'You see,
sir, da ader day my istumach was peeling bad
and so I run so fast to the bathroom, but
bepore I could TINK, BLINK, or TURN ON
DE LIGHT, sir, I had alreydi shet in my pants!'
Eleuterio is now the new 'Greeter' at
Wal-Mart.....
#####

No comments: